The Faculty of Science, Institute of Physics at the University of Amsterdam is inviting applications for five PhD positions. The positions are available in the strontium quantum gases group, headed by Prof. Florian Schreck and are part of the Quantum Gases and Quantum Information (QG&QI) cluster. The main focus of the group is the exploitation of Sr quantum gases for novel precision measurement techniques and the study of many-body physics.
Project 1: Continuous atom laser
Project 2: Quantum simulation with Rydberg coupled Sr atoms
Project 3: Superradiant Sr clock
Project 4: RbSr ground-state molecules
- Applicant must hold a Master’s or equivalent in physics or a related field.
- Other skills/experiences/documents that would benefit your application are: previous experience in an optical, atomic or molecular physics lab; working knowledge of a programming language (matlab, C++ or equivalent); excellent English oral and written communication skills; scientific publications.
Apply online and application must include:
- Motivation letter that explains why the candidate have chosen to apply for this specific position with a statement of research experience and interests and how these relate to this project;
- Title and summary of Master thesis.
- Please make sure all material is attached in only one pdf.
- The single pdf can be uploaded in the field marked CV in the application form.
|Organization||University of Amsterdam (UvA)|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||31 December 2020|