5 doctoral position funding is available for the maximum period 3 years. The objective of the graduate program is to evaluate the value of privacy under the terms of digitalization and increasing informational heteronomy and to question the current privacy concepts in this regards.
This program is open for German and international graduates who differentiate themselves through their academic profile and an outstanding, interdisciplinary research proposal which is possible within the funding period.
The proposal must give motivation to expect excellent research results. The application requires an above-average degree which formally entitles applicants to embark on a PhD (please check the PhD regulations at: http://www.unipassau.de/561.html).
- the completed application form in all aspect (in German on the RTGs website)
- a copy of certified translation from your university degree ( if necessary)
- a detailed curriculum vitae with specific information about your scientific career
- a letter of motivation which documents your personal eligibility for both the RTGs research and its training program and gives proof of how applicants want to contribute to the RTG
- letter of reference written by a university faculty;
- the letter of reference must provide information about the candidates scientific potential (it can be sent directly)
- a research proposal (check the RTGs website for the respective disciplines/scholars)
- applicants from foreign universities must hold an equivalent of the corresponding German university degree and give proof of their advanced language skills in German (DSH-1, TestDaF 3 or equivalent)
The University of Passau encourages women as well as candidates who have children to apply. This post is suitable for applicants with disabilities, who will be given priority if the personal aptitudes and qualifications are equal.
Please send your application by the date of June 30, 2016 (post mark) to:
DFG-Graduiertenkolleg 1681 „Privatheit“
Prof. Dr. Dirk Heckmann Universität Passau Innstraße 25 94032
You can also apply via e-mail (Privatheit@uni-passau.de). Your online application (only one document in PDF-format) must be just as convincing and professional as an application on paper.
Additional information is available on the RTGs website: http://www.privatheit.uni-passau.de/en/vacancies-fellowships/vacancies/.
Please note: Only the German version of this document is legally binding; this translation is only intended to assist your understanding.
|RTG grants 5 PhD positions
Universität Passau Gottfried-Schäffer-Straße 20 94032
Telefon: +49 851 509 – 2372
|June 30, 2016
|How to apply
|apply via e-mail: Privatheit@uni-passau.de