The Center for Basic Machine Learning Research in Life Science (MLLS) at the University of Copenhagen and the Technical University of Denmark is offering PhD scholarships for five students. The PhD scholarships will start on November 1st 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter. PhD candidates will have the opportunity to spend time within both machine learning and life science research groups as well as participate in activities within ELLIS and the NNF Data Science Academy.
About the Projects:
The topics of the PhD projects will fall under the following topics:
- Deep Generative Models for Manifold Learning.
- Learning and leveraging protein representations Learned
- Applicant must have completed a degree programme, equivalent to a Danish master’s degree (180 ECTS/3 FTE BSc + 120 ECTS/2 FTE MSc) related to the subject area of the project, e.g. biology with specialization in molecular biology, biochemistry, molecular biomedicine.
- The master’s degree should preferably be in computational science and engineering (CSE), computer science, statistics, pure/applied mathematics, physics, bioinformatics or equivalent academic qualifications.
- Preference will be given to candidates who are excited about basic research, have an interest in the mathematical foundations of machine learning and have experience with mathematical modelling and the programming and tools (e.g., PyTorch/TensorFlow) needed to apply these models to real data.
- Good command of the English language is essential.
Apply online and include the following:
- Motivated letter of application (max. one page)
- Motivation for applying for the specific PhD project
- Curriculum vitae including information about education, experience, language skills and other skills relevant for the position
- Original diplomas for Bachelor of Science and Master of Science and transcript of records in the original language, including an authorized English translation if issued in another language than English or Danish. If not completed, a certified/signed copy of a recent transcript of records or a written statement from the institution or supervisor is accepted.
- Publication list (if possible)
|Organization||University of Copenhagen|
Computational Science and Engineering (CSE), Computer Science, Statistics, Pure/Applied Mathematics, Physics, Bioinformatics
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||31st of August 2021|