This is a partnership between the Trust and the National Institutes of Health (NIH), uniting the two organisations through their shared interest in promoting the training of exceptional students in international collaborative biomedical research. A scheme that provides opportunities for the most promising postgraduate students to undertake international, collaborative four-year PhD training based in both the UK/Republic of Ireland and USA at the National Institutes of Health campus.
|Organization||Wellcome Trust and National Institute of Health|
About the Program
This scheme provides opportunities for the most promising postgraduate students to undertake international, collaborative four-year PhD training based in both a UK/Republic of Ireland (RoI) academic institution and the intramural campus of the National Institutes of Health at Bethesda (Maryland, USA). Students will undertake a collaborative project and be co-mentored by supervisors at both locations.
- UK/European Economic Area (EEA) national with (or be in your final year and expected to obtain) a first- or upper-second-class honours degree or an equivalent EEA graduate qualification.
- Suitable doctoral supervisor at an eligible academic host institution in the UK or Republic of Ireland.
- Suitable supervisor at a NIH institute.
How to apply
- An electronic copy (as a Word document) should be emailed to email@example.com.
- One signed hard copy should be addressed to the ‘Wellcome Trust-NIH PhD studentships’ at the Trust’s postal address.
- Note: Successful candidates will be shortlisted for interview within two months of the application deadline. Interviews will be held at the Wellcome Trust offices in London.
Wellcome Trust-NIH PhD studentships
215 Euston Road
London NW1 2BE, UK