Indian Institute of Geomagnetism (IIG) is a leading research organization having strong research in Geomagnetism and allied fields. The primary research activities of the IIG deal with geophysical processes occurring.
(1) inside the Earth, primarily in the areas of Electromagnetic Imaging of the Earth’s Interior, Palaeo and Environmental Magnetism, Petrology, crustal magnetic anomalies, and Groundwater studies, GPS based crustal deformation studies and
(2) External to the Earth, principally in understanding the behavior of particles, fields and currents in the near space environment, with emphasis on space weather.
The IIG provides outstanding infrastructural facilities and good career prospects. Applications are invited for the following vacancies in the Institute. Selected candidates can be posted at IIG’s HQ/Regional Centers/Magnetic Observatories:
- FELLOW : 1 Post (Unreserved) Pay Band and Grade Pay : Rs. 15600-39100 and Grade Pay of Rs. 5400
Essential required Qualifications: A First class Master’s degree in Physics.
Research experience of at least 3 years in the broad area of Space Plasma processes having specialization in modeling of Plasma waves and instabilities in Earth’s Magnetosphere Desirable Qualifications:
- PhD in Physics with emphasis on space plasma theory, analyses and modeling of satellite observations
- Applicants with a PhD degree and some postdoctoral experience will be especially encouraged Job Requirement: Development of numerical simulation & modeling techniques to study satellite observations of Space Plasma waves & turbulence
- Maximum Age: 35 years
- SENIOR TECHNICAL ASSISTANT : 4 Posts (3 UR; 1 Reserved for SC) Pay Band and Grade Pay : Rs.9300-34800 and Grade Pay of Rs. 4200
Essential required Qualifications: 1st class Masters Degree in Geophysics/ Physics or 1st Class Bachelors in Electrical Engineering.
Desirable Qualifications: Applicants should have at least 2 years work experience in the relevant field at a reputed Research Laboratory/ University / Institute. Experience in handling scientific instruments related to atmospheric/ geophysical/ space measurements in reputed Research Laboratory/Institute/University Maximum Age : 30 years (05 years relaxation for SC)
The applicants may apply on the form downloadable at www.iigm.res.in together with the requisite application fee of Rs. 300/- by crossed demand draft or Indian Postal Order.
The prescribed application form can also be obtained from the office of the Administrative Coordinator, IIG, by paying an application fee of Rs. 300/- by crossed demand draft/ or Indian Postal Order in favour of Indian Institute of Geomagnetism, New Panvel, either in person between 10:30 am. and 5:30 pm. on working days (Monday to Friday) OR
It can be obtained by post by sending an application along with the application fee and a self-addressed stamped (for Rs. 10/-) envelope superscribing “Request for Application Form”.
Application form for ST/SC applicants will be issued free of cost on production of valid caste certificate.
Applications should reach the office of the Administrative Coordinator, IIG, on or before August 12, 2016.
Any application received after the due date will be summarily rejected.
General Information (applicable to all applicants):
1) Reservation and relaxation in age, fees etc. for Persons with Disabilities are as per the Government of India (GOI) rules.
2) Relaxation in upper age limit up to 5 years may be considered for highly experienced and deserving applicants at the discretion of the appropriate authorities.
3) The new entrants in the services would be governed by the National Pension System issued by Govt. of India.
4) Applications not in the prescribed format and not accompanied by supporting documents like self-attested copies of educational qualifications (from SSC onwards), experience certificate and other supporting material of the statements made in the application, will be treated as incomplete and will be summarily rejected.
5) Applicants working in Public Sector Undertakings/Autonomous/ Government Departments Bodies should forward their applications through proper channel.
To avoid delay, an advance copy of such application complete in all respect, may be sent superscribed on the top of the application envolope, “ADVANCE COPY”.
Merely fulfilling the requirements laid down in the advertisement will not automatically entitle any applicants to be called for interview.