Raman Post-Docs at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) by the Government of India. As a part of the IoE initiative, IISc has created the Raman Post-Doc Program, a highly selective Post-Doc program with 50 positions.
Institute invites applications for intensely motivated individuals with an established record of high quality research, for the positions of Raman Post-Docs. Overseas Citizens of India (OCI), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO), and foreign nationals are also eligible to apply.
- Biological Sciences: Biochemistry; Centre for Ecological Sciences; Centre for Neuroscience; Microbiology and Cell Biology; Molecular Biophysics Unit; Molecular Reproduction, Development and Genetics.
- Chemical Sciences: Inorganic and Physical Chemistry; Materials Research Centre; Organic Chemistry; Solid State and Structural Chemistry Unit.
- Physical and Mathematical Sciences: Centre for High Energy Physics; Instrumentation and Applied Physics; Mathematics; Physics.
- Electrical, Electronics, and Computer Sciences (EECS): Computer Science and Automation; Electrical Communication Engineering; Electrical Engineering; Electronic Systems Engineering.
- Mechanical Sciences: Aerospace Engineering; Centre for Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences; Centre for Earth Sciences; Centre for Product Design and Manufacturing;
- Centre for Sustainable Technologies; Chemical Engineering; Civil Engineering; Materials Engineering; Mechanical Engineering.
- Interdisciplinary Research: Centre for Biosystems Science and Engineering; Centre for Nano Science and Engineering; Computational and Data Sciences, Management Studies.
- Other Interdisciplinary Centres: Centre for Infrastructure, Sustainable Transportation and Urban Planning; Divecha Centre for Climate Change; Interdisciplinary Centre for Energy Research; Interdisciplinary Centre for Water Research; Robert Bosch Centre for Cyber Physical Systems.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- D. with First Class or equivalent in the preceding degree and a good academic record throughout.
- Candidates who are expecting to submit the Ph.D. thesis shortly may also apply but their applications will be considered only after thesis submission.
- Be less than 32 years of age at the time of applying. Duration
Duration: The duration of the fellowship will be two (02) years. In exceptional cases, the duration may be extended by one more year.
Fellowship / Emoluments: Selected candidates will receive a consolidated monthly package of Rs. 1 Lakh. They will receive a research grant of Rs. 8 Lakhs per annum.
Candidates must contact a faculty member in the Institute who is willing to host the interested candidate. A consent letter or consent email is required from the faculty member as a part of the application package.
Eligible Candidates should apply using the fillable PDF form with following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae with a list of all publications
- PDF files of at least two and up to five important publications
- Proposed research plan (up to 500 words)
- Consent letter or email from faculty member (Please get in touch with the faculty member offline and obtain the consent of the faculty member for hosting you)
- Any other relevant information the applicant may like to furnish.
The filled-out PDF form must be saved as a PDF file, and a single PDF file needs to be made along with the required documents. The single PDF file must be emailed to the following:
Indian Institute of Science
email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, with a copy to the chair of the Department/Centre in which the candidate would like to work and to the faculty member who is willing to host the candidate.
This is a rolling advertisement and candidates can apply any time during the year.
|Organization||Indian Institute Of Science Bangalore (IISc Bangalore)|
|Subject areas||All Disciplines|
|Salary||Monthly package of Rs. 1 Lakh|
- Total Jobs 6 Jobs
- Address India