8 Jacobsen Studentships
Royal Institute of Philosophy is offering up to 8 Jacobsen Studentships for research in certain fundamental parts of philosophy for the academic year 2016/17. The scholarship of £8,000 each will be for one year. The scholarship is funded by Mr. Jens Jacobsen.
The research areas of philosophy are:
- Speculative metaphysics
- Critical metaphysics
- The philosophy of mind
- Philosophical logic
- Philosophy of life
- The nature of life
- Moral philosophy
- Political and social philosophy
In addition, postgraduates are offered up to 8 Royal Institute of Philosophy grants. The grant of £3,000 each, are also for one year but bears no restrictions as to area of study. The Royal Institute of Philosophy, according to its own remit, invites candidates whose work, while arduous, avoids needless technicality and is in the tradition of philosophy as a humane discipline.
Eligibility and Requirements:
- Applicants should have completed min. one year of work for a higher degree in philosophy in a UK university by the start of the 2016/17 academic year.
- Applicants nearing the end of a course of study leading to a doctorate will be given preference.
- Applicants must be involved in full-time study for a higher degree in a dept. of Philosophy at a UK institution.
- Applicants receiving any other award of £3,000 or more for this academic year will not be offered funding by the Royal Institute (includes fees only awards).
- Applicants must arrange for 2 academic referees, one from the institution at which they are currently studying, to write on their behalf direct to the institute.
Note: Applications and references must be sent to:
Dr. James Garvey,
The Royal Institute of Philosophy,
14 Gordon Square,
London WC1H 0AR
|Organization||The Royal Institute of Philosophy|
|Fellowship Level||Master’s, Research|
|Fellowship amount||£8,000- Research, £3,000- Master’s|
|Eligibility||Open for all nationalities|
|Deadline||15 June 2016|
For Further Details: Click