The Research Training Group and Neural circuit analysis on the cellular and subcellular level (RTG-NCA) at University of Cologne invites applications for selection for summer school. 8 PhD fellowships will be offered to the most promising candidates.
- Applicant must hold M.Sc. and applications are open to students from all over world.
- Applicants must be in their final stage of their Master’s studies, hold a Master’s or other degree comparable to a German University Diploma or Master in Biology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Bioinformatics, Molecular Biology, Medical Biology, Neuroscience or related.
- The program language is English; strong skills in written and spoken English are thus required for acceptance; standards tests are not mandatory, but language proficiency will be assessed during the evaluation procedure.
The hands-on course covers both experimental and theoretical/modeling approaches include:
- lectures by RTG PIs
- experimental stations in research laboratories of RTG PIs
- presentations by applicants on current literature and their practical work
- meeting the current doctoral candidates of the RTG and other local researchers
- social events
About the program:
- The selection summer school is a highly selective program offering a unique opportunity to the participating candidates to find out whether this RTG would be the suitable doctoral program for them.
- At the end of the summer school the PI assembly will make the decision, which students to offer the eight fellowships.
- Participants will be reimbursed for travel costs several weeks after the event and accommodation is paid for by the RTG.
- Copies of transcripts
- Motivation letters
- A letter of recommendation
- Applications to be submitted via email to: Dr. Katerina Vlantis; E-mail: katerina.vlantis(at)uni-koeln.de
|Organization||University of Cologne|
Biology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Bioinformatics, Molecular Biology, Medical Biology, Neuroscience
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||February 16, 2018|