a.r.t.e.s. EUmanities is a innovative programme for a European Graduate School for the Humanities, co-funded by the European Union and the University of Cologne as part of the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (Horizon 2020: MSCA).
About the programme:
- The programme is designed to meet the needs of individual Early Stage Researchers (ESRs) in the Humanities.
- The will commence in April 2017
- Number of positions: up to 10 ESRs per year
- Duration: 3 years
- The programme will train young scholars to excel in research and cope with the global challenges Europe is facing.
- The program’s mission is to empower ESRs in the Humanities to become aware of their pivotal role in shaping the future of Europe.
- living allowance EUR 3,073 less tax deductions
- employer’s contribution to social insurance plus a monthly paid mobility allowance and additional travel and, if applicable, family allowances
- The graduate School is not able to cover tuition fees for the institution chosen for the obligatory mobility phase.
- “a.r.t.e.s. EU”: the European fellowship at a.r.t.e.s. EUmanities
- “a.r.t.e.s. global”: the global fellowship at a.r.t.e.s. EUmanities
- Applicant, at the time of recruitment must be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of her/his research career and not have a doctoral degree. For candidates who intend to resume their research activities after a career break, the four-year ESR eligibility threshold can be extended under certain conditions.
- The ESR must not have lived in the country of her/his host organisation for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the Recruitment Day.
- Applicants must be a qualified master’s degree holder or a comparable university degree in a thematically relevant research field of the Faculty with a minimum grade of 2.0 (according to the German grading system).
How to apply:
- To apply, create an account with a.r.t.e.s. access and provide the general information about yourself and your doctoral dissertation project, upload the following documents:
- Letter of motivation (1 page, in English)
- Curriculum vitae (tabular overview, in English)
- Scan of university diploma and transcript of records
|Organization||University of Cologne|
|Subject areas||Arts and Humanities|
|Fellowship amount||As per MSCA rules|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||October 31, 2018|