ADB Scholarships at University of Auckland: ADB Scholarships at University of Auckland
The main objective of the ADB-Japan Scholarship program is to provide an opportunity for well-qualified citizens of ADB’s developing member countries to undertake postgraduate studies in:-
- science and technology and
- other development-related fields
The studies can be taken at participating academic institutions in the Asia-Pacific region.
The University of Auckland is one of the participating academic institutions.
However, upon completion of their study programs, the scholars are expected to contribute to the economic and social development of their home countries.
Level of Study: Masters program
Approved Fields of Study at the University of Auckland:
- Master of International Business
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Science (Environmental Science)
- Master of Arts (Development Studies)
- Masters Programs in Engineering
Number of Scholarships: Not specified
Open for: Nationals of an Asian Development Bank (ADB) borrowing member
Scholarship value: The ADB-JSP provides for:-
- tuition fees
- airfare to and from Auckland,
- basic cost of living
- health and medical insurance and
- a special grant for thesis preparation (for scholars engaged in research).
Eligibility Criteria: The Applicant Must:-
- Be a national of an ADB borrowing member. For a list of current developing member countries visit ADB – Japan Scholarship Program.
- Have gained admission to an approved master program at the University of Auckland
- Have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with an excellent academic record.
- Have at least 2 years of full-time professional work experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application.
- Be proficient in oral and written English communication skills.
- Be under 35 years of age at the time of application. In special cases, for programs that are apt for senior officials and managers, the maximum age limit is 45 years.
- Be in good health.
- Agree to return to the home country after completing the program.
- The applicant must first apply for admission ONLINE as an international applicant for one of the eligible programs.
- Only after he/she has got admission to an eligible postgraduate program listed above for the 2018 intake and received an Official Offer from the University of Auckland for the same can apply for the scholarship.
- In order to apply for the scholarship, the applicant will need to complete and submit the Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship application form.
- The application form either should be sent by post or couriered with all the required documents to the University.
|Organization||University of Auckland|
|Fellowship Level||Masters Program|
|Subject Areas||Listed above|
|Fellowship Amount||Fully funded|
|Eligibility||As illustrated above|
- Name of Organisation Field Value