The College Of Engineering Centenary at Swansea University is inviting applications for PhD scholarship in Aerospace engineering.
About the Project:
- The main aim of this project is to study the dynamic behaviour of a nonlinear aeroelastic system, primarily due to gust inputs, and to investigate the use of a variety of linear/nonlinear active control approaches (including Robust Control) that might be used to mitigate vibrations in the system.
- The project will involve analytical, computational and experimental components of research, each complementing the others.
- The analytical/computational facets of the project will include the creation of suitable aeroelastic models for simulation and analysis (using existing software such as Matlab, SolidWorks, Nastran, etc.).
- Project supervisors: Dr Shakir Jiffri (primary), Professor Michael Friswell (second)
- Start date: January 2020
Subject areas: Aerospace Engineering, Control
- Candidates should hold a first class honours degree in Mechanical/Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering or similar discipline.
- Familiarity with modelling in Matlab/Simulink and experience in experimental work involving real-time control systems (e.g. National Instruments, dSPACE) would be beneficial.
- Candidate must possess English proficiency.
- Due to funding restrictions, this scholarship is open to UK/EU candidates only.
Funding: full cost of UK/EU tuition fees and an annual stipend of £15,009; additional funds available for research expenses.
How to Apply
Apply by sending application and following documents to Dr Shakir Jiffri (email@example.com):
- College of Engineering PGR Scholarship Application
- CV and covering letter
- Degree certificates and transcripts
- Two references
|Subject areas||Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering|
|Eligibility||Open to UK/EU candidates|
|Deadline||18 October 2019|