19 International PhD positions are available for a joint program on antimicrobial research at the University of Groningen, Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
Project / Program: ALERT-COFUND international PhD programme, hosted by University of Groningen and University Medical Center Groningen (The Netherlands),
No. of fellowships: 19 high level fellowships
Core areas of study:
1. Novel tailor-made antimicrobials and delivery strategies
2. Overuse of antibiotics is leading to the emergence of multidrug resistant (MDR) bacteria.
3. From synthesis towards clinical applications.
Selected PhD’s will conduct research within four main areas:
1. Chemical synthesis of antimicrobials (5 PhD’s)
2. Biotechnological production of antimicrobials (4 PhD’s)
3. Nanotechnology approaches to create antimicrobials (5 PhD’s)
4. In vivo testing (5 PhD’s)
For more information on individual research projects description, please see http://www.novelantimicrobials.eu
Start and duration of PhD positions: Fellows preferably start 1 December 2016, but at the utmost on 1 February 2017.
Requirements / Qualification:
Educational background in the area of any of the following (preferably).:
a. Natural and medical sciences,
d. Synthetic biology,
e. Molecular (micro)biology,
h. Biomedical sciences,
i. Applied physics
j. Pharmacy or combinations
Deadline for application: 9 August 2016, 23:59 CET
Maximum salary: € 2779.
In your application, please always include the job opening ID 216176-88
For additional information, please contact:
Vanessa van Hest, Coordinator Topsectors & EU / Coordinator HTSM Honours Master
+31 50 3638464,
|Organization||ALERT-COFUND, University of Groningen|
|Subject areas||Natural sciences|
|Deadline||9 August 2016|