The Amgen Scholars is an international program funded by the Amgen Foundation with direction and technical assistance provided by Harvard University. The selected Amgen Scholars will be hosted at four premier educational institutions in Asia. Undergraduates from all over the world are eligible to apply to participate at one of the host institutions.
About the program:
- The Amgen Scholars Program provides hundreds of selected undergraduate students with the opportunity to engage in a hands-on research experience at many of the world’s leading educational institutions.
- The Program seeks to increase learning and networking opportunities for students committed to pursuing science or engineering careers and to spark the interest and broaden the perspective of students considering scientific careers.
- The Program aims to increase the number of students pursuing advanced training and careers in the sciences.
- Kyoto University (Japan)
- National University of Singapore
- The University of Tokyo (Japan)
- Tsinghua University (China)
Research areas: Areas of potential focus include any disciplines related to the discovery, development, manufacture and delivery of human therapeutics, as well as the overall biomedical and biotechnology enterprise.
- Applicant must be enrolled in colleges or universities worldwide that award a bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent); and at minimum, have completed their first year of undergraduate study at the time the summer program begins, and are not graduating before the summer program begins, and after the summer program ends will resume undergraduate studies for at least one semester or one quarter
- Applicants are expected to have strong record of academic performance; and a good working knowledge of English, demonstrated by a minimum TOEFL (iBT) score of 72, IELTS overall band score of 5.5, Cambridge English FCE, TOEIC score of 1095, TOEIC L&R score of 785, or TOEIC S&W score of 310, if not a native English speaker or English is not your first language.
- An interest in pursuing a PhD.
How to apply:
- Each of the four host institutions in Asia has its own application process
|Country||China, Japan, Singapore|
|Fellowship Level||Summer course|
|Subject areas||All disciplines, Biomedical and Biotechnology enterprise|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||February 1, 2020|