Analytical Chemist at the Purdue University, United States
Requisition ID: 11707
Research Area: The mission of the Office of Indiana State Chemist Pesticide Section is to protect the public and the environment by ensuring that pesticide products distributed within the state are properly formulated and labeled and that individuals who apply pesticides have met minimum competency standards and apply those pesticides without causing harm to people or property. The selected analytical chemist will support a team of investigators with providing scientific data on pesticide-related investigations.
The selected candidate will perform the following::
- Chemical analysis on environmental samples (vegetation, soil, water, etc.) to determine the presence of pesticides.
- Extract samples by various extraction methodologies and analyze the samples using various analytical instrumentations, e.g. GC/FID/ECD, GC/MS, LC/PDA, LC/MS/MS, LC-HRMS.
- Collaborate in the development of new methods and method validations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related field.
- Two years’ work experience in an analytical laboratory (undergraduate or graduate research experience may count toward work experience).
- Understanding of GLP, general analytical chemistry techniques, and chromatography.
- Excellent customer service skills and professionalism in dealing with external business partners, students, faculty, and staff.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and build working relationships among a diverse workforce at all levels.
- Ability to identify and determine problems, analyze information and implement solutions.
- Ability to work independently and contribute to a team environment.
- Must possess a learning orientation to change technology.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Access, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Good knowledge in chromatography software packages is desired: Thermo Chromeleon, Thermo Xcalibur, Thermo Tracefinder, Waters Masslynx, Agilent Masshunter, and Chemstation.
- Motivated individual with the ability to efficiently multi-task, work under pressure, handle frequent interruptions and meet deadlines.
|Type of position||Analytical Chemist|