We are searching Analytical Chemist who will work in state of the art instrumentation and analytical technologies and partners with the world’s greatest winemakers to provide them with innovative analytical tools and an unmatched technical expertise to support their winemaking craft.
- Performing GC analysis in a commercial laboratory serving the wine, beer, cider and spirits industries
- Daily operation and maintenance of multiple GC, GC/MS, GC/MS/MS systems.
- Generation of quality system-compliant data
- Working with team members to execute analysis conforming to SOPs and to maintain good record keeping practices
- Identifying instrument problems and performing routine troubleshooting
- Participation in and promotion of continuous improvement efforts within the laboratory
- No experience in the wine industry is required.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemistry or a related field
- 2 or more years experience in a production laboratory
- Experience with sample preparation and extraction techniques (SPE, SPME)
- Experience with chromatographic techniques and instrumentation (GC, GC/MS, GC/MS/MS)
- Experience working in an ISO 17025 environment preferred
- Experience with ChemStation and MassHunter software preferred
- NMR working experience a plus
YOUR TALENTS SHOULD INCLUDE:
- The ability to prioritize daily tasks and meet the demands of multiple priorities with minimal supervision
- Self-motivation, accountability, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- The availability to work flexible schedules when required, especially during peak analytical seasons
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- The ability to handle client records and data according to strict privacy and confidentiality guidelines
- Must be able to sit or stand for significant periods of time while performing a variety of tasks.
- A competitive salary, based on experience
- A student loan repayment program
- Comprehensive employer-paid health and vision insurance
- 401k, FSA, and group life insurance
- Support for continued learning through conference attendance, training courses, and learning materials
- Offices near some of the world’s most beautiful vineyards
|Type||Analytical Chemist – Wine Industry|
|Subject||Analytical Chemistry, Analytical, Food|
|Closing date||Jun 30, 2020|