We are seeking highly motivated and enthusiastic organic chemist for a Postdoctoral Research Associate with Dr Ross Denton based for Sustainable Chemistry at the University of Nottingham, UK. This is project in catalytic organic chemistry and requires excellence in contemporary practical skills, preferably demonstrated by your previous publication record.
The project will build on previous research from the Denton group and will focus on providing new catalytic C-N and C-O bond forming reactions designed to overcome current challenges faced by GSK in the discovery and development of candidate drug molecules.
Applicants should have experience of preparing high quality supporting data for publications and will be expected to routinely provide metric data on the sustainability performance of the reactions developed in the project. The successful candidate will undertake the development of new catalytic methodology and its implementation in flow-mode synthesis.
The successful candidate will carry out the following duties:
- Undertake the development of new organocatalysts, supported organocatalysts and methodology as directed by Dr Ross Denton.
- Provide metric data on the sustainability performance of the reactions developed in the project as a matter of routine.
- Prepare high quality supporting data for publications resulting from the project.
- Candidates must:
- Hold a PhD (or expect their PhD award by mid-2020) in synthetic organic or catalytic chemistry.
- Be available to take up the post from 1st March 2020.
- Show demonstrated excellence and productivity in synthetic organic or catalytic chemistry.
- Have excellent organisational and good communication and team working skills.
Informal inquiries may be addressed to Dr Ross Denton (email@example.com).Please note that applications sent directly to this email address will not be accepted.
|Organization||University of Nottingham, UK|
|Type||Postdoctoral positions, Research Associate|
|Subject||synthetic organic or catalytic chemistry|
|Closing date||Feb 4, 2020|
|§ Apply Online
Contact: Dr Ross Denton (firstname.lastname@example.org)