Faculty of Humanities (Art and Media Studies) calls for application for one PhD position connected to the interdisciplinary project Face of Terror: Understanding Terrorism from the Perspective of Critical Media Aesthetics. The project is financed by the Research Council of Norway. The PhD position is for a period of 3 years.
About the Project (Art and Media Studies):
PhD candidate will contribute to the project on terrorism in globalized and mediated environments through studying technologies of the face (identification photography, surveillance etcetera) and/or mediated faces as social and cultural interfaces by way of one or more case studies from contemporary visual media of his or her own choice.
- Applicants must have Master’s degree or equivalent degree with a brilliant academic record in media studies, film studies or similar subjects.
- Applicants with a different background in the humanities or social sciences (philosophy, science and technology studies, literature studies, digital humanities) also apply for this position.
- Language proficiency in English must be good. It is expected that the successful applicant will write their dissertation in English.
- Applications must carry information about education, examinations, grades, publications and any other relevant experience.
- Applicants must provide brief summary of master’s thesis and write about their interest in the above mentioned project.
- Application must demonstrate outline of ideas and perspectives that the applicant wants to develop in their PhD project (max. three pages).
- Applications must be submitted online.
- Applicants must indicate their applications with the reference number HF16-014 and create the separate attachments into one document.
- The following documents for the PhD position are: CV, research proposal (max. 3 pages), List of publications, Scanned copies of certificates.
- Shortlisted candidates will be asked for references and invited to an interview.
- Within 3 months after assigning the successful PhD scholarship holder must apply for admission to the PhD program in Audio-visual Media or Humanities and the Arts.
- Eligible applicants cannot already hold a PhD degree awarded by NTNU to qualify for selection.
Norwegian University of Science and Technology
|Subject areas||Arts, Humanities, Media|
|Fellowship amount||Not mentioned|
|Eligibility||Open for international students|
|Deadline||20 July 2016|
For Further Details: Click
- Total Jobs 44 Jobs
- Address Norway