The ICGEB SMART (Scientific Mobility for Advanced Research Training) Fellowship programme promotes the mobility of researchers between ICGEB Member States as a way of enhancing skill development, acquisition of specific hands-on training in new technologies and increasing cooperation in science and technology. Applicants should focus on the impact for the fellow’s career, the benefit to the applicant’s home laboratory and the suitability of the receiving laboratory. SMART Fellowships support mobility between laboratories located in Member States.
Subject Area: Life Sciences
- Applications are open to nationals of ICGEB Member States and provide fellowships to scientists in the early stage of their career keen on spending between 3 and 9 months at a research institution in an ICGEB Member State other than their own.
- There is no age limit; preference is given to young scientists at the beginning of their research career.
- Applicants should be either registered for a PhD or have obtained their PhD degree within the last 5 years.
- Young scientists holding an MSc or equivalent can apply.
Duration of Awards: 3 to 9 months
- international economy return travel
- health insurance
- Subsistence of the fellow only
- stipend US$ 800 to 1,500 per month
- US$ 500 monthly bench fee
How to apply:
- Download the and complete the application form in all parts and return this form, by email, together with all attachments to: ICGEB Fellowships Unit Att: Barbara Argenti, ICGEB, Padriciano 99, I-34149 Trieste, Italy. E-mail: email@example.com, Tel: +39-040-3757382, Fax: +39-040-226555
|Organization||International Centre For Genetic Engineering And Biotechnology (ICGEB)|
|Country||Italy, India, South Africa, UK|
|Subject areas||Life Sciences|
|Fellowship amount||Mentioned above|
|Eligibility||Open to member states of ICGEB|
|Deadline||31 March, 30 June, 30 September, 31 December|
- Total Jobs 10 Jobs
- Address India