Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES) is inviting applications for two positions of “Aryabhatta Postdoctoral Fellowship (APDF)”. Candidates with outstanding academic records are encouraged to apply. Applications are received throughout the year and selection will be made two times in a year.
- Applicant must hold Ph.D. degree holders, from a duly recognized (UGC) Indian or Foreign University/Institute, in disciplines of Natural Sciences, Mathematics, and Engineering with a proven interest in the field of Astronomy & Astrophysics and Atmospheric Science.
- Age: should not be more than 32 years on the last date of submission of application.
Fellowship value: Rs. 75000/- per month consolidated; Research Grant: Rs.5.0 lakhs per year
Nationality: Indian citizens including people with NRI/PIO status as well as foreign nationals.
Duration: Initially for two years, extendable to one more year after successful review.
Travel Grant: Candidates will be provided economy class airfare to join the position. Foreign nationals/NRIs will also be provided return airfare. Additionally, a travel grant of Rs. 2.0 lakhs (for the complete tenure) is available for national/international conferences.
How to apply:
Apply online along with the following documents:
- CV with publication list
- brief summary of Ph.D. work (not exceeding 1 page)
- A research proposal (not exceeding 2 pages) using ARIES facilities
- Names of at least three researchers (one must be his/her thesis supervisor) who can provide a recommendation letter for the candidate.
- It is expected that the research proposal to be relevant to the research at ARIES. All information should be in a single file (pdf format) in the above-mentioned sequence.
Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES)
|Subject areas||Natural Sciences, Mathematics and Engineering, Astronomy & Astrophysics and Atmospheric Science|
Indian citizens including people with NRI/PIO status as well as foreign nationals
|Eligibility||Open to all n|
|Deadline||30 June and 31 December|