2019 Asia Foundation Development Fellows Program
The Asia Foundation Development Fellows program is a dynamic and multifaceted learning program designed for highly talented Asian individuals, to enhance their leadership skills, Asian development knowledge, professional networks, and international exposure.
The Asia Foundation Development Fellows program is comprised of the following five components:
- Leadership Training Program
The Leadership Training Program features an intensive one-week course with the Korea Development Institute (KDI) School of Public Policy and Management in South Korea.
- Workshop on Asian Development
Immediately following the Leadership Training component is a one-week study tour program involving leading development practitioners and thinkers, recognized policy leaders, and academics who will help Fellows explore various approaches that deliver positive impact and advance development knowledge.
- Leadership Dialogue and Exchange
Fellows will take part in a leadership dialogue and exchange program in the United States, providing important opportunities to extend personal bonds with their cohort, as well as building international perspectives and networks of support and inspiration.
- Professional Development Award
An award of up to US$5,000 will be made available to each of the selected Fellows.
Conditions / Eligibility
The candidates / Fellows must:
- Have a demonstrable record of experience and accomplishment related to The Asia Foundation’s fields of expertise: governance and law, economic development, women’s empowerment, environment, and regional cooperation;
- Be under 40 years of age by January 1, 2020;
- Be conversant in English (TOEFL exam results are not required);
- Be available and able to participate in all program components on the program dates specified; and
- Nationality: Be resident nationals or citizens of the following countries where The Asia Foundation has programs: Afghanistan; Bangladesh; Cambodia; China; India; Indonesia; Japan; Korea; Laos; Malaysia; Mongolia; Myanmar; Nepal; Pakistan; Philippines; Singapore; Sri Lanka; Thailand; Timor-Leste; and, Vietnam.
Fellowship / Benefits
The program will be conducted in South Korea, Indonesia, and USA and includes a flexible small grant award of USD 5,000.
In order to apply you should review the Application Guidelines and Instructions and complete each component of the application:
- Personal information;
- Written submission;
- Supplementary materials: CV and transcript;
- Short video submission;
- Letters of recommendation (handled online).
|Organization||The Asia Foundation|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Award value||small grant award of USD 5,000|
|Eligibility||Open to Asian countries|
|Deadline||Monday, October 7, 2019|