The Faculty of Geosciences, Department of Earth Sciences at Utrecht University is inviting applications for Assistant Professor in Earth Materials or Mineral Physics.
- nano-scale studies of rock deformation
- fault gouges and ice sheets
- fluid flow and fluid-rock interaction in high- and low-permeability (geo-) materials.
- Candidate is expected to be a strong team player with good communication and networking skills, focused on achieving multidisciplinary research targets and participating in the acquisition of funding for research projects and advanced new equipment.
- A minimum experience of two to three years as a postdoctoral researcher is highly recommended.
- Candidate must hold a PhD degree in solid Earth Sciences or a relevant natural science.
- Candidate must be skilled in advanced analysis methods of Earth materials (analytical and/or numerical); committed to multi- and interdisciplinary research; strong communication, networking and organisational skills;
- Candidate is expected to have an excellent level of English, both spoken and written. We require a qualification English at C1 level (CEFR or comparable to level 3 of the Lecturer Assessment Grid) or to be prepared to obtain this level by training. For non-Dutch speaking candidates, Dutch language skills should be at the level of practical communication within two years of the appointment.
Duration: Temporary position (0.8 – 1.0 FTE) for a period of six years (preferably starting in September 2020 at the latest) in an international working environment.
Apply online including:
- Letter of motivation
- Brief vision on/plans regarding own research and teaching for the next 5 years (max. 3 A4);
- Teaching experience and a list of publications;
- e-mail addresses of two referees
|Subject areas||Earth Sciences|
|Fellowship amount||€3,637 and €5,656|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||31 March 2020|