Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) is offering the A*STAR Computing and Information Science (ACIS) Scholarship. The scholarship is newly launched in November 2018 to attract top talents to pursue a PhD in computing and information science (CIS) disciplines. Scholarship can be taken at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) or Singapore Management University (SMU).
- monthly stipend up to S$5,000 with other allowances, and full tuition fees; support for an overseas attachment of up to 12 months
Duration of scholarship: up to four years of PhD studies
- Artificial Intelligence & Deep Learning (I2R)
- Big Data Analytics (I2R)
- Complex Systems (SIMTech)
- Industrial Internet of Things (I2R)
- Video & Image Analytics (I2R)
- Applicants must be Singaporeans and other nationals intending to take up Singapore citizenship
- Applicants must satisfy the criteria for and gain admission to a PhD programme in one of the following schools: NTU School of Computer Science and Engineering; NUS School of Computing; SMU School of Information Systems; SUTD Information Systems Technology and Design Pillar
- Applicants must have obtained at least a 2nd Upper Class Honours degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Applicants must have strong interest to pursue a CIS research career in industry R&D labs, technology enterprises, spin-off companies and/or academia
- Apply online
- Applicants should concurrently apply PhD admission to their intended university.
- Applicants may submit GRE scores (if available) to be included in the overall assessment of their scholarship application.
Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR)
|Subject areas||Computer Science, Information Science|
|Fellowship amount||up to S$5,000/month|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|