The Baden-Württemberg Scholarship
The universities in Baden-Württemberg are offering the Baden-Württemberg Scholarship for university students. The programme is aimed to support international exchange between highly qualified German and overseas students.
The programme encourages all students who are matriculated at one of Baden-Württemberg’s universities and who aim to expand their horizons through a study abroad. The programme additionally applicable to foreign students who would like to study in Baden-Württemberg.
- Applicants must be either Master, Diplom or Staatsexamen students enrolled at the , who aim to study abroad in a non-European country (incl. Russia) in the fall semester and/or in the spring semester.
- Applications from Freemovers are not welcomed.
Please take note of varying application deadlines:
March, 31st: The scholarship begin in the Fall Semester.
October, 15th: The scholarship begin in the Spring Semester.
To apply for the scholarship please register in the BWS World Portal
For the application the following documents are required to upload in the BWS World Portal and delivered in at the Express Service Counter
- Application form;
- Letter of Motivation (1 A4 page, in German or English)
- Please briefly refer the scholarships/the scholarships provider in your application.
- Current academic transcript (in German or English)
Please arrange the application documents in order in which they are mentioned in this page. Neglecting to arrange the documents in the correct order can negatively affect the outcome of your application. Place the documents in a clear sheet protector that is open on two sides. Please do not use any other kind of sheet protector, application folder, etc.
The Baden-Württemberg Foundation selects the final scholarship recipients following a preliminary selection carried out by University of Mannheim. Decisions will be notified in July for the Fall Semester and in December for the Spring Semester.
600 EUR a month for usually 4 months (it can be fewer months for shorter stays) .
|Level||Master, Diplom or Staatsexamen|
|Country||Non European Countries|
|Subject areas||All Disciplines|
|Salary||600 EUR per month|
Ms Gela Wittenberg: Contact