We are seeking a Beamline Scientist or Senior Beamline Scientist with a strong background in local structure analysis and experience with PDF analysis software, such as PDFgui, TOPAS, RMCProfile or EPSR.
- You should have a PhD degree in chemistry, physics, materials science or related fields.
- Experience with synchrotron diffraction and total scattering methods are essential. A demonstrated independent research program, knowledge of X-ray instrumentation, and prior experience of supporting research at a facility are essential for appointment to the Senior level.
- The Beamline Scientist will contribute to the technical development of the beamline, assist in the installation and commissioning of beamline components, provide user support, and carry out research in areas relevant to the beamline.
- Provide beamline operational support including responsibility for day-to-day safe operation.
- Act as a single point of contact for selected user experiments.
- Collaborate on beamline upgrades and development projects.
- Develop own research in an area relevant to the beamline and disseminate the results and become recognised in this field of expertise.
- Manage the development, procurement, testing, installation, and maintenance of bespoke scientific equipment and software to perform novel experiments.
- Give advice to users on proposal submissions.
- Lead the design, procurement, testing, installation and commissioning of major beamline and support laboratory upgrade projects, including project management, resource planning, and management of contracts (required for appointment at Senior level).
- Lead the development of new hardware and/or software capabilities in the field of local structure (required for appointment at Senior level).
- Engage actively with new and existing user communities who will benefit from I15-1 through participation in conferences and workshops.
- Successful applicants will be considered as either a Beamline Scientist or Senior Beamline Scientist, depending on the strength of their knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications.
How to apply
- Diamond is a thriving international organisation, attracting a diverse range of talented individuals from around the world.
- Our staff currently comprises 39 nationalities and we welcome applications from everyone interested in joining us.
- Applicants are required to outline their suitability for this role via the online application process.
- Please also state where you saw this role advertised.
- The closing date for applications is 7th June 2020.
|Closing||7th June 2020|
|· JD – I15-1 Beamline Scientist.docx
(Word, 42.59kb)· JD – I15-1 Senior Beamline Scientist.docx
· PS – I15-1 Beamline Scientist Senior Beamline Scientist.docx