Behavioral Neuroscience- Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences has openings for 1 postdoc and 3 PhD scholars at University of Groningen. University is involved in research with a wide outlook.
About the Project:
The project aims to identify quantitative biological parameters for social withdrawal, a common early symptom of Schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s disease and Major Depression.
- Postdoc position for 3 years (Vacancy number 216106): Postdoc will execute research to study the relationship between social behavioral impairments and neural circuits related to sensory information processing using integrated EEG and behavioral analyses in mice.
- PhD student 1 for 4 years (Vacancy number 216107): Candidate will study the functional relationship between sensory cortex development and social behavior using integrated molecular, genetic and behavioral experiments in mice.
- PhD student 2 for 4 years (Vacancy number 216108): Candidate will identify and validate read outs of social withdrawal in mice using novel paradigms to assess higher order social group behavior.
- PhD student 3 for 4 years (Vacancy number 216109): Candidate will analyse human and mouse exploratory behavior using smartphone and mouse video-tracking data, respectively.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Good command on English (oral and written)
- Candidate must be a team player, and has excellent communication skills.
- Postdoc position: PhD in Biology/Biomedical Sciences with relevant experience. Experience with complex data analyses methods
- PhD positions: PhD candidate: M.Sc. degree in biology or biomedical science/Informatics/ Mathematics/Data Science of Artificial Intelligence.
- Knowledge in behavioral neuroscience and interest in social behavioral analyses of rodent species.
- Awareness in complex data analyses will be preferred.
- Candidates must have obtained an article 9 certificate.
- Research experience with complex (genetic and phenotypic) data analyses, algorithm development, and programming is highly recommended.
- Interest in life sciences, genetics will be advantageous.
|Organization||University of Groningen|
|Fellowship Level||Postdoctoral/ Doctoral|
|Subject areas||Evolutionary Biology, Behavioral Neuroscience|
|Fellowship amount||€ 3,400/month|
|Eligibility||Open for all nationalities|
|Deadline||30 June 2016|
For Further Details: Click