The Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange (NAWA) is offering Bekker NAWA Programme, to support the international mobility of doctoral students, scientists and academic teachers in their pursuit of scientific excellence by enabling them to develop in research and academic research abroad all over the world. The Programme is open in all fields and disciplines of science as well as artistic disciplines. There are also no restrictions regarding countries where the Host Institutions are located.
Duration: The project may be implemented for a period of 3 to 24 months, with the departure from starting on March 1, 2022 at the earliest, and October 1, 2022 at the latest.
The length of stay in the Hosting Center is:
- from 3 to 24 months in the case of a Young Scientist
- from 3 to 12 months for other Applicants, including PhD students.
- The program is open to applicants representing all fields of science.
- There are no age restrictions for Applicants.
- There are also no restrictions on the countries where host centers are located.
- A doctoral student, however, in the case of doctoral students pursuing education at a doctoral school, a person who has presented an individual research plan
- At the time of submitting the application, a scientist or academic teacher employed by an entity with an academic category.
Apply online and attach the following list of achievements:
- a publication in a foreign language with an international scope published or accepted for publication in the last 10 years (counted from the beginning of 2011) in journals included in one of the international databases: Scopus, Science Citation Index Expanded, Social Sciences Citation Index, Arts & Humanities Citation Index or in the list of scientific journals in accordance with the announcement of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education, valid at the time of publication,
- The application must include the Applicant’s curriculum vitae
- A scan of the invitation from the Host Center, confirming the will to accept the Scholarship Holder for the requested period. The invitation should be issued on the letterhead of the Hosting Center, with the current date (not earlier than the date of announcement of the recruitment) and signed by the content supervisor or other person performing a managerial function in the Hosting Center. The invitation should contain the following information: Applicant’s data, contact details of the Hosting Center, data of the organizational unit in which the Project is planned to be implemented, data of the content supervisor, period of stay, indicative activity plan and scope of support for the Host Center;
- Copies of the publications
- A scan of the document confirming the status of a doctoral student / degree or academic title.
- In the case of scientists or academic teachers, a certificate from the human resources department confirming the employment and its form
- In the case of doctoral students, additionally, the opinion of the tutor or supervisor from the home center about the candidate and the planned mobility project / program, and in the case of a doctoral student pursuing education at a doctoral school, additionally also confirmation of submitting an individual research plan to the entity running the doctoral school
- In the case of representatives of the field of art – copies of catalogs bearing the ISBN number or other formal confirmation of the presentation of works in a foreign cultural institution or academic center, or copies of an award / distinction in an international competition or festival – within the last 10 years (counted from the beginning of the year 2011)
- A declaration of having a severe or moderate disability certificate – in the case of people planning to leave with a guardian (if applicable).
|Organization||National Agency for Academic Exchange|
|Fellowship Level||Doctoral, Scientist, Faculty|
|Subject areas||Science and Arts|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||May 25, 2021|