BIG: Biotechnology Ignition Grant, BIRAC-DBT
Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC), A Govt, of India Enterprise under the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science and Technology.
BIG (Kick Starting Enteprenarship grants) Call for Proposal under BIOTECHNOLOGY IGNITION GRANT (BIG)
Aim: BIG scheme encourages &supports biotech entrepreneurs
About the organization: Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC), is a Section 8 ‘Not-for-Profit Company’ of Gov. of India was set up as DBT’s interface agency, to serve as a single window for emerging biotech companies in India.
The scheme enables technology innovators and entrepreneurs to pursue a promising technology idea and establish and validate proof of concept (POC) for the idea.
BIRAC invites proposals from Biotechnology start-ups / entrepreneurs
- Having a registered company incorporated on /after 111 July 2013.
- Academicians, Scientists, Researchers, PhDs, Medical degree holders. Biomedical Engg. Graduates
- Incubating in a Technology Business Incubator
- Who have innovative technology idea with considerable potential for impact/commercialization.
Scope & Support
- BIG is for high level of innovation in the Biotechnology sector. BIG does not support basic research projects.
- BIG scheme supports only up-to Proof-of-Concept stage.
- Grant-in-Aid up-to Rs 50 lakh
- Grant period is 18 months
- Mentoring support and Project Monitoring by BIG Partners
- Only Online submission of proposal is allowed under the BIG scheme.
- Register on BIRAC website under “BIG User” for submission of proposal.
- User registrations open round the clock.
- Prior recipient of BIG grant are ineligible.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.orgFor Further queries, please contact BIG partners or Mr. Rajneesh Kumar, Manager, IP & TM, BIRAC
|Organization||Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC), DBT|
|Aid||Grant-in-Aid up-to Rs 50 lakh|
|Eligibility||Degrees / Education in Biotechnology|
|Deadline||15th Feb, 2017|