Big Data Analytics – algorithms and machine learning
1-2 PhD positions are available at the Department of Computer Science, University of Copenhagen (DIKU). The PhD students will be part of strong team in algorithms and machine learning at DIKU, working on theoretical computer science published in e.g. STOC, FOCS, SODA, NIPS, ICML, AISTATS and COLT, but also conducting experimental work in cooperation with industry partners.
- Applicants should hold a M.Sc. degree from an internationally recognized University.
- The M.Sc thesis should be in an area relevant for the project, e.g., algorithms, machine learning, mathematics, or information retrieval.
- Candidates who do not yet have their M.Sc. degree, but who are expecting to be able to enroll August 1st, 2016 or latest January 1st, 2017 should specify the expected date of graduation, confirmed by their main M.Sc. supervisor.
Among the qualified candidates, criteria to be considered include, among others:
- Published research papers at highly recognized venues
- High grades in algorithms, mathematics, machine learning, and other relevant courses
- Recommendations from highly recognized researchers in algorithms and machine learning
- Previous experience in Big Data Analytics implementation
- Excellent English skills, written and oral (if coming from non-English speaking countries, proof of passing English language tests and/or graduate education in English)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Applicants must document their successful MSc studies by a high-grade average. If the applicant’s MSc work has resulted in a publication (accepted or in draft) this is considered a strong advantage.
Applicants are requested to submit their application below including:
- A cover letter (max. 1 page) including two lines of motivation
- Recommendation from one of the researchers at DABAI
- Curriculum vitae (max. 2 pages)
- List of publications (if relevant) incl. papers accepted or submitted for publication and title of thesis.
- Title and abstract of M.Sc. thesis
- Transcript of university examinations (in English)
- Contact details of 1-2 persons for references
- Letters of recommendation from researchers not associated DABAI at DIKU.
|Organization||University of Copenhagen|
|Fellowship amount||According to Danish norms|
|Deadline||15 June 2016|
Enquires: Henrik Hochreuter: email@example.com
For Further Details: Click