Department of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering
Project: Downstream Processing of Biochemical Processes
Research Center: CAPEC-PROCESS
One PhD position is open in connection with the strategic research center BIOPRO2 which is funded by Innovation Fund Denmark. The BIOPRO2 center aims at developing and improving knowledge and bio-based production industries at the plant level.
The project is expected to resolve different industrial situations and involves the following activities such as:
- Process outline and problem definitions in collaboration with industrial partners
- On-line analytical techniques; survey of process analyzers and their industrial implementation; selection
- Process modelling and validation
- Testing of strategies based on combined findings in collaboration with industry
- Dissemination and communication of results to industry and academia
- Master’s degree in chemical and biochemical engineering or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to the master’s degree in engineering.
- Strong zeal for research, candidate must have experience within process modeling of chemical and biochemical systems, simulation, optimization, control, statistical data analysis
- Experience in programming will be advantageous.
- Expertise in spoken and written English is required as well as good communication and self-management skills.
- Alliance with industry will be an important part of the project. It is significant to have or develop the skills to communicate efficiently with industry.
- Ability to identify and define problems together with industry, to agree on solution methods and to communicate results.
Assessment of the applicants will be made by Asst. Prof. Jens Abildskov.
Salary and appointment terms
- The salary and appointment terms are consistent with the current rules for PhD degree students.
- The position is available for a period of 3 years from August 1, 2016.
- Submit online application.
- Applications must be submitted as one *pdf file containing all materials to be given consideration.
- The file must include: cover letter, Curriculum vitae, Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma
|Organization||Technical University of Denmark|
|Subject areas||Biochemical Engineering|
|Fellowship amount||Not mentioned|
|Deadline||6 June 2016|
For Further Details: Click