Bioengineering Postdoctoral position is now open for two years for a joint project between the Facility of the Drug Discovery and Development (D3) Department and the Smart Materials Group of the Nanophysics, Department of IIT. Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia (IIT) is a private Foundation, established with special Government Law, with the key goal of creating and propagating scientific knowledge and endorsing country’s scientific development and higher education in science and technology.
The research project’s focus will be on the production and testing of properly engineered materials for skin wound care, which are capable to release drugs and active principles in a controlled way, and to support cell proliferation for tissue regeneration. Smart materials group owns world class amenities and expertise in the areas of materials processing and development with stress on magnetic, conducting, natural nano-composites, laser spectroscopy, structural materials, surface science, thermo and mechanical properties, wound healing and drug delivery materials.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Ph.D. degree in bioengineering, or allied biological and material science disciplines
• Strong familiarity with experimental biology techniques (a combination of in vivo and in vitro approaches) and recognized experience in developing innovative materials.
• Good English communication skills, creativity and striking enthusiasm for research are mandatory.
• Earlier experience in experimental cutaneous acute and chronic wound care and/or in alternative methods, as 3D skin models, will be considered an important advantage.
• Candidate must be able to conduct experimental research in this field individually, contribute to experimental designs (nanomaterial production to the most appropriate biological models identification and development).
• Provide cover letter with CV, relevant publications (1 or 2) and two reference letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
IIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer that enthusiastically seeks diversity in the workforce.
|Organization||Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia (IIT)|
|Subject areas||Bioengineering, material science|
|Deadline||05 June 2016|
For Further Details: Click