Postdoctoral Researcher in Marine Microbiology or Metagenomics: A highly motivated postdoc to work on the Academy of Finland funded research project titled as “Next Generation Tool for Environmental Assessment” which is led by Dr. Karoliina Koho.
Type: Fulltime, fixed term 13 months position (1 Sep 2017- 30 Sep 2018) with a four-month probation period.
Funding: European Commission of Marine Strategy Framework Directive (MSFD.
The proposed project has high affinity to environmental agencies, industry & environmental consultancies, all interested in quantifying the ecosystem health in a cost-effective manner.
- Applications from well-motivated Finnish and international candidates are welcomed.
- The candidate should hold a PhD degree in environmental microbiology/microbial ecology,
- Background in marine microbiology and metagenomics is essential.
- Experience in working with standard molecular methods (e.g. nucleic acid extraction from environmental samples, PCR, RT-PCR), & next generation sequencing (library preparations and subsequent bioinformatics data analysis) is required.
- Excellent English communication skills (both written and oral) are expected.
Please submit your application using the University of Helsinki Recruitment System (link given below).
Applications for the position should include
1. a letter stating your research interests and career motivation
2. a CV including contact information for 2 references.
3. Please compile all materials into a single PDF file.
For more information on the advertised position, please contact Karoliina Koho via email (karoliina.koho(at)helsinki.fi)
Deadline: The deadline for applications is 23 July 2017.
The starting date is 1 September 2017.
|Organization||University of Helsinki|
Bio-geosciences, Environmental microbiology, Microbial ecology
|Eligibility||Open for all nationalities|
|Deadline||21 August 2016|