The Quantitative Biology Center (QBiC) at the University of Tübingen is inviting applications for Bioinformatician / Life Scientist (Postdoc or PhD level). This position is partially funded by the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative on Essential Open Source Software for Science awarded to the nf-core and Nextflow projects.
Role and responsibility:
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of nf-core tools, including support for Nextflow DSL2 and modules ( nf-co.re ).
- Developing cutting-edge machine learning applications with
- multi-omics data from public repositories and curated in-house datasets.
- Expanding our NGS metadata models to support the development of automated analyses and machine learning applications.
- Candidate must have an MSc or PhD level degree in Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, or other Life Sciences, with previous data science experience.
- Previous python programming experience is required, NGS data analysis experience is a plus.
- Previous experience with machine learning and multivariate data analysis is a plus.
- Experience with HPC clusters, cloud computing, and workflow systems will be beneficial but are not required as training opportunities are provided.
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative mindset.
- Enthusiasm and a commitment to research.
Application to be sent as one PDF via e-mail to Katrin Leichtle, email@example.com including motivation letter and CV.
|Organization||University of Tübingen|
|Subject areas||Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Life Sciences|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||30th June 2020|