Applications are invited for a probationary (tenure-track) appointment in the area of Biological Anthropology in the Department of Anthropology, Faculty of Social Science, Western University at the rank of Assistant Professor. If qualifications and experience permit a higher rank, consideration may be given to an appointment at the Associate Professor (probationary, tenure-track) or Professor (tenured) level.
- Biological Anthropologist with a focus on Bioarchaeology, studying the intersection of culture, biology and environment in the past using archaeometric methods is required.
- First choice will be given to candidates with expertise in human skeletal analysis.
- The successful candidate will build on department’s established strength in bioarchaeology, which has to include all biological components of the archaeological record
- For probationary (tenure track): Applicant must have a completed PhD degree in Anthropology.
- Applicant must demonstrate excellence or potential for excellence in research and teaching
- Applicant must have ability to publish in the highest quality journals and develop an externally-funded research program relevant to the Department’s core research areas.
- Applicant must also the capability to teach at the postsecondary level.
- For a tenured appointment: applicant must hold a PhD in Anthropology and provide proof of research excellence through an outstanding record of internationally recognized publication in the discipline’s leading journals, invited talks, and strong endorsements from referees.
- Applicant must provide evidence of conducts, and will continue to conduct, innovative, externally-funded research projects that complement the Department’s existing research activity must be provided.
- Applications must also include evidence of excellence in teaching, such as strong course evaluations, teaching awards, graduate student supervision, and development of new academic programs.
- Applicant must have excellent communication skills (oral and written).
Application must include the following:
- Application for Full-Time Faculty Position form
- Letter of Interest and Statement of Academic Qualifications
- Three references with names, addresses, and email ids.
- Applications should be emailed to:
Professor Kim Clark, Chair
Department of Anthropology
London, Ontario, Canada N6A 5C2
|Eligibility||Open for all nationalities|
|Deadline||30 September 2016|
For Further Details: Click