Biological Sciences Scholars Program: For Junior, Tenure-Track Faculty at the University of Michigan
Discipline: Life Sciences,Engineering
University of Michigan announces junior and tenure-track faculty recruitment for the recently expanded Biological Sciences Scholars Program (BSSP) to enhance the institution’s strengths in biosciences research across the breadth of the University.
The Biological Sciences Scholars Program emphasizes in-depth and strategic evaluation of candidates as well as dedicated funds to augment recruitment start-up packages.
- A PhD, MD, or other terminal degree with at least two years of postdoc research experience and an impactful publication record
- The candidate should have not previously held a tenure-track faculty position.
Selection and Tasks:
- Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their superlative scientific accomplishments and scholarly promise.
- Candidates will be expected to establish a vigorous, externally-funded research program
- To become scientific leaders in their respective fields, and to participate in departmental and program activities, including teaching at the medical, graduate, and/or undergraduate levels.
Application Procedure: Please apply to the Scholars Program through the BSSP website (see below). An updated curriculum vitae (including bibliography), a three-page research plan, an NIH Biosketch or NSF Biosketch, and three original letters of support should all be submitted through the BSSP website.
Further Information: More information about the Scholars Program, instructions for applicants and those submitting letters of recommendation is described on the BSSP web site. The deadline for applications is September 7, 2018.
|Organization||The University of Michigan|
|Subject areas||Science and Engineering|
|Eligibility||PhD degree with postdoc experience|
|Deadline||Applications are now open|
- Name of Organisation Field Value