The Ghent University is inviting applications for a talented PhD student to be hired on a project running for 2-years and willing to apply for a personal FWO scholarship to extend his/her research at BioPort group.
About the group BioPort:
- BioPort is a young and dynamic research group at the Faculty of Bioscience Engineering of Ghent University and recently started a new and emerging research line on extracellular transport over biological membranes related to Industrial Biotechnology.
- The goal is to both examine fundamental aspects of transporter enzymes like their specificities towards different substrates and catalytic properties, and at the same time develop platform systems for advanced export in synthetic biology systems.
- Applicant must have master’s degree in Bioscience Engineering, Biochemistry or Biomedical Engineering from one of the countries of the EU, the EER or Switzerland.
- Applicant must have obtained this degree with at least ‘distinction’ (cum laude), and no longer than 3 years ago calculating from 01/03/2019.
- Applicant must not previously have received a FWO fellowship (not even in part).
- At the beginning of the fellowship (November 1st, 2019), applicant should not have more than 18 months of scientific experience.
- Applicant with experience with molecular biology and microbiology is essential; industrial biotechnology or biochemistry would hold an advantage.
- Applicant must possess fluency in English, knowledge of Dutch is a plus
How to apply
- Application must include motivation letter and CV (including study results, thesis research topic, contact information of possible referee persons and a recent picture of candidate)
- Application to be sent to Prof. Dr. ir. Inge Van Bogaert (Inge.VanBogaert@ugent.be) quote reference Application_START
|Subject areas||Bioscience Engineering, Biochemistry or Biomedical Engineering|
|Deadline||Dec 15, 2018|