The Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences at the University of Copenhagen is launching a novel postdoctoral programme – BRIDGE Translational Excellence Programme aiming to train postdoctoral fellows mentored by top-level professionals in research, medicine and the life science industry.
About the programme:
- The programme will provide the fellows with the ability to translate insights from the basic into the clinical sciences and vice versa and the training to manage the essential collaboration between disciplines.
- The programme will cover the translational stages T0 (Population/clinic to lab feedback, Disease modelling –omic studies, Basic research), T1 (Biomarker discovery, Target development, Pre-clinical development) and border to early T2 (First in human, Phase 1 clinical trials, Phase 2 clinical trials, Phase 2b clinical trials).
- Applicants must have an MD and a PhD or equivalent (proof of an appointment that requires a doctoral equivalency) or have an MSc and a PhD within a relevant discipline such as Veterinary Science, Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, Pharmacy, Dentistry or Medical Engineering.
- MSc-PhD applicants must have a maximum PhD-age of approximately 4 years at the time of fellowship commencement.
There are three steps to the application process.
- Find a mentor match: The final application must be developed in collaboration with a mentor team. Therefore, the first step in the application process is to find a mentor team.
- Develop your project description and budget: When you have found a successful mentor match you must develop a detailed project description and a budget for the project together with your mentor.
- Submit the application.
|University of Copenhagen
Veterinary Science, Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, Pharmacy, Dentistry, Medical Engineering
|Open to all nationalities