The UN Office for Outer Space Affairs and the Govt. of Japan in association with the Kyushu Institute of Technology (Kyutech) has initiated a UN/Japan Long-term Fellowship Programme on Nano-Satellite Technologies for nationals of developing countries or non-space-faring nations. The Programme will provide extensive research opportunities in nano-satellite systems through the use of the nano-satellite development and testing facilities available at Kyutech.
Number of UN/Japan Long-term Fellowships:
- Masters course (2 years duration): up to 2 students every year
- Doctorate course (3 years duration): up to 4 students every year.
- The successful students will register in the Space Engineering International Course (SEIC) after passing an official entrance examination by the Graduate School of Kyushu Institute of Technology.
Fellowship award value:
- Grant are given under Japanese government scholarship (Research Students)
- 145,000 yen/month for the duration of fellowship study
- Economy class air ticket between an international airport in the country of the nationality and Narita International Airport or Fukuoka International Airport.
- Fees for matriculation, tuition and entrance examinations will be paid by Kyutech.
- Applicant must be citizen of developing countries or non-space-faring nations (countries without an established substantial capability to develop space technology/launch space objects)
- Applicant must be duly nominated by their institutions
- Applicant must have born on or after 2 April 1982
- Applicant must have the academic and professional background required by the specific fellowship program.
- Applicants pursuing a Master degree are expected to have completed studies (Bachelor Degree or equivalent) – 4 year university degree in engineering-related subjects.
- Applicants wishing to pursue PhD degree are expected to have completed studies (Master Degree or equivalent) in engineering-related subjects.
- Degrees in different technological fields can be considered by the Doctor Commission; and be able to make professional use of the experience gained in the fellowship program.
How to apply:
- Register online
UN Office for Outer Space Affairs and Government of Japan
|Fellowship Level||Master’s, Doctoral|
|Subject areas||Engineering and Technology|
|Fellowship amount||Mentioned above|
|Eligibility||Open for all nationalities|
For Further Details: Click