Catholic Academic Exchange Service (KAAD)
Catholic Academic Exchange Service (KAAD) is the scholarship institution of the German Catholic Church for post-graduate students, PhD and scientists from (developing) countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Near and Middle East, as well as Eastern and Southeastern Europe.
Goal: KAAD supports scholars in form of scholarships and educational programs and offers spiritual and personal assistance in view of future multiplying functions students will have in their home countries. This is based on cooperation with partner committees and associations of ex-scholars in those countries and it aims at setting up networks and at contributing to a holistic development, which includes the religious and inter-religious dimensions.
Requirements for the fellowships
For the scholarship program 1 of KAAD you can apply if you:
- come from a developing or emerging country in Africa, Asia, the Middle East or Latin America and are currently living there
- have a university degree and professional experience from your home country
- want to acquire a master’s degree or a PhD at a German university or do a post-doctoral research project (2-6 months for established university lecturers) at a German university
- are a Catholic Christian (or general belong to a Christian denomination).
- Candidates from other religions can apply if they are proposed by Catholic partners and can prove their commitment to interreligious dialogue
- possess German language skills before starting the studies (KAAD can provide a language course of max. six (06) months in Germany).
|Organization||Catholic Academic Exchange Service (KAAD)|
|Subject areas||Subjects studied under the organization|
|Fellowship||As per norms|