PhD/Postdoc position at NTNU SUBPRO Centre: Norwegian oil and gas industry is supported by the Research Council of Norway and several major international industry partners.
SUBPRO is currently looking to hire a new PhD research fellow/Postdoc fellow for a period of three (03) years, within the following area: Mechanistic modeling of droplet breakage phenomena.
The reference number for the position: NV-65/18
In this project we will consider
- Dispersed liquid-liquid systems and aim at employing the population balance model (PBM) to predict the evolution of the drop size distribution locally within subsea phase separators.
- To enable reliable model predictions, accurate closure laws for drop breakage are required.
- This modelling task requires profound understanding of the breakage phenomena.
Task / Responsibilities Involved
The candidate will be responsible for mechanistic modeling of the drop breakage phenomena in turbulent flow based on experimental data measured by former researchers in the group.
These data constitute;
- mother drop size,
- breakage time,
- number of daughter drops, and
- size distribution of the daughter drops. The number fraction of injected drops breaking also determine
- probability of breakage.
- The flow has been characterized by CFD simulations and LDA measurements.
For further info about the position contact: Professor Hugo A. Jakobsen, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The applicant must have
- A master in chemical engineering, fluid mechanics, physics, nuclear engineering, or related disciplines,
- Documented background in mathematical modelling and programming relevant for this project.
- Experience with population balance modelling and image analysis is an advantage.
The positions require spoken and written fluency in the English language.
The applicants should submit an application letter, a CV, certified copies of certificates of education, publications and other scientific works (if any), certified copies of documentation on English language proficiency, and contact details for two reference persons.
- Applications must be submitted electronically through the official site (see below)
- Applications submitted elsewhere will not be considered.
Application deadline: 21.05.2018
|Organization||Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)|
|Subject areas||Chemical Engineering, Chemistry|
|Eligibility||Masters or equivalent in relevant subject|
- Name of Organisation Field Value
- Total Jobs 44 Jobs
- Address Norway