PhD (4) scholarships vacancies are open at Department of Chemistry, Technical University of Denmark.
DTU Chemistry has an application focused on research strategy.
- The candidate will be involved in the development and synthesis of heterogeneous nanoparticle catalysts for different applications.
- The ideal candidate has a background in catalysis, inorganic chemistry and synthesis of nanostructural materials.
- The project will be mentored by Associate Professor Søren Kegnæs.
- The candidate will be involved in the development and synthesis of porous materials which may find application in catalysis.
- The ideal candidate must have familiarity in inorganic chemistry, synthesis of porous materials and catalysis.
- The project will be under the guidance by Associate Professor Søren Kegnæs.
- The candidate will be tied up in the development of new ionic liquid based homogeneous catalyst and reactor systems applicable for large scale chemicals production.
- The project will be part of an ongoing EU Horizon2020 project with an association consisting of several partners from academia and the chemical industry across Europe.
- The project will be administered by Prof. Rasmus Fehrmann and Asst. Prof Anders Riisager.
- The candidate will be engaged in the development of functional nanomaterials such as nanoporous gold and graphene catalysts for fuel cells.
- The position will involve electrochemistry, chemical synthesis, characterization of nanomaterials and electrochemistry based energy technology.
- The project will be managed by Assot. Prof Jingdong Zhang.
- Applicant must have a Master’s or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to the master’s degree in chemistry or chemical engineering with high to excellent grades.
- Applicant must have capability to work independently, to plan and carry out complex tasks, and to be a part of a self-motivated research team.
- Good communication skills (written & spoken) English are expected.
Salary and appointment terms
- The salary and appointment terms are in accordance with the current rules for PhD degree students.
- Duration of employment is 3 years.
- Positions are available for from 1 August 2016 or shortly after.
- Submit applications online
- Motivation letter (cover letter)
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma
Technical University of Denmark (DTU Chemistry)
|Subject areas||Chemistry, Chemical Engineering|
|Fellowship amount||As per Danish norms|
|Eligibility||Open for International applicants|
|Deadline||1 July 2016|
For Further Details: Click