Chemistry, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics : Research Associate/Research Assistant I/II (2 posts) in at the Department of Chemistry, University of Hong Kong
Ref. No: 201700057
Title: Research Associate/Research Assistant I/II (2 posts)
Department: Biological Mass Spectrometry Laboratory, Department of Chemistry
Duration: To commence as soon as possible for one year, with the possibility of renewal
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Applicants must possess an M.Phil. or preferably a Ph.D. degree.
- A strong sense of responsibility
- Good organizational skills
- An ability to work independently are required.
The appointees will work in the.
- For post (A), applicants should have a background in biochemistry, bioinformatics or any related discipline. Experience in ischemic stroke is preferred. The appointee will participate in a project to investigate the effect of post translational modification of proteins in neurodegenerative diseases.
- For post (B), applicants should have a background in physical chemistry or any related discipline and experience in mass spectrometry and density functional theory. The appointee will participate in a project to investigate the mechanism of radical-induced tyrosine nitration.
Fellowships Details: A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered, in addition to annual leave and medical benefits.
Application Procedure: Interested applicants should send a completed application form together with an up-to-date C.V., indicating the position they are applying for, to Dr. Ivan Chu (e-mail: email@example.com) and Dr. L.T. Lui (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Deadline: Closes April 15, 2017.
|Organization||University of Hong Kong|
|Fellowship Level||Phd or Postdoc|
|Subject areas||Chemistry, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics|
|Fellowship amount||As per qualifying exam|
|Deadline||15th April 2017|