Chalmers University of Technology invites application for PhD in photophysical studies of photon up & down conversion. The project is focused on the investigation of molecular systems capable of up- or down conversion of light that upon incorporation into solar energy technologies can increase the conversion efficiency.
Molecular systems, sometimes integrated with nano-particles (quantum dots), are synthesized within the framework of a cross-disciplinary collaboration & would be studied with a range of spectroscopic techniques. In particular, pulsed laser based ultra-fast femtosecond transient absorption & emission techniques would be used & developed within the project.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Eligibility criterion is as follows:
- The applicant must be MSc in Chemistry or Physics who wants to embark on a challenging and rewarding research journey ending with a PhD in Physical Chemistry.
- Highly motivated, quality conscious individual with a MSc degree (or equivalent) in fields related to chemistry or physics, preferably with experience in optical spectroscopy and/or laser techniques.
- Motivated in working both alone as in close collaboration with others.
- Excellent english skills, both oraly & written.
The application should be marked with Ref 20170117 & written in English. The application should be sent electronically & be attached as pdf-files, as below:
- Curriculum Vitae : (Please name the document: Curriculum Vitae, Family name, Ref. number)
- Other, for example previous employments or leadership qualifications & positions of trust.
- 02 references that we can be contacted.
- Personal letter: (Please name the document as: Personal letter, Family name, Ref. number)
- One-three pages where you introduce yourself & present your qualifications.
- Previous research fields & main research results.
- Future goals & research focus. Are there any specific projects & research issues you are primarily interested in?
- Other documents:
- Copies of bachelor &/or master’s thesis.
- Attested copies & transcripts of completed education, grades & other certificates, eg. TOEFL test results.
Bo Albinsson, Chemistry & biochemistry, firstname.lastname@example.org, +46 (0)31 – 772 3044
|Organization||Chalmers University of Technology|