China Postdoctoral Fellowship Theoretical and Computational Chemistry
Online Applications are invited in the research group of Prof. Xiang Sun for postdoctoral position in the field of Theoretical and Computational Chemistry.
- The selected fellow will play a leading role in developing and applying new computational methods for chemical dynamics in condensed phase and simulation of ultrafast nonlinear spectroscopies.
- Specifically, photo-induced charge and energy transfer dynamics as well as structural dynamics of light-harvesting systems such as organic photovoltaic and luminescent molecules in liquid solutions and interfaces will be investigated.
- Classical molecular dynamics, mixed quantum-classical, semiclassical, and path integral approaches will be developed for such systems.
- Novel dynamical methods will be applied to nonlinear spectroscopies to help reveal important molecular information behind them.
Further details can be found at https://wp.nyu.edu/xiangsun. Research at NYU Shanghai is supported by the NYU-ECNU Center for Computational Chemistry, a research institute operated jointly by NYU, NYU Shanghai, and East China Normal University (ECNU).
The center has a core group of faculty members who are conducting frontier research in various fields of computational chemistry, biology, and material sciences. The postdoc fellow will be also affiliated with the center.
Further details can be found at https://research.shanghai.nyu.edu/chemistry.
- D. (or expected) in chemistry, physics, or related fields
- Experience with molecular dynamics simulations and quantum chemistry calculations
- Experience with developing dynamics codes in C/C++, Fortran, or Python
- Excellent communication skills (writing and speaking in English)
How to Apply
- The fellowship position is available immediately and will remain open until filled.
- The term is for one year initially with possibility of extension. Benefits and salary are competitive.
- To be considered, applicants should prepare:
- a cover letter with a brief description of research accomplishments and interests;
- a curriculum vitae with a list of publication;
- contact information for three references. Please send these directly by email to Prof. Xiang Sun at email@example.com.
Please visit our website at http://shanghai.nyu.edu/about/work/fellowships for the availability of this opening.
If you have any questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. About NYU Shanghai NYU Shanghai is the third degree-granting campus within New York University’s global network.