A postdoctoral position is available in interdisciplinary projects within engineering and design of Chinese hamster ovary (CHO) cells for biotechnological applications. The post doc will join a larger research project focusing on optimizing CHO cells for improved production of complex therapeutic proteins in the CHO Cell Line Engineering and Design section at the Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Biosustainability – DTU Biosustain in Denmark.
Responsibilities and tasks
- develop technologies to accelerate CHO cell line engineering and facilitate production of challenging therapeutic proteins
- identify target genes, design genetic engineering strategies, screen and characterize cell lines, study protein expression and analyze protein quality
- work will include application of CRISPR/Cas9-mediated genome editing and systems biology technologies
- Applicant must hold PhD degree or equivalent.
- Applicant must hold PhD degree or similar in biology, biochemistry, biotechnology or bioengineering as well as academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding a position as Researcher or Post doc.
- Applicant must have some lab experience with molecular and cellular biology
- Applicant must have strong experience with mammalian cells
- Applicant must hold high quality publication record
- Applicant must have excellent communication skills
Preference given to candidates with experience in:
- Generation of mammalian cell lines and cell cultivation
- Genome editing technologies and cloning
- Flow cytometry and single cell sorting
- Protein expression and characterization
- Previous post doc experience
- Apply online
- The file must include: cover letter; CV; Diploma; List of publications
|Organization||Technical University of Denmark (DTU Biosustain)|
Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Bioengineering
|Eligibility||Open for all nationalities|
|Deadline||20th August 2016|
For Further Details: Click