Turkish Scientific and Technological Research Council (TÜBİTAK) introduces a new EC H2020 Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions Cofund program “Co-Funded Brain Circulation2 Scheme (CoCirculation2)”. CoCirculation2 is the follow up project of the “Co-funded Brain Circulation Scheme (Co-Circulation)”, which has been funded under the FP7-PEOPLE-2011-COFUND call of the 7th Framework Programme.
About the programme:
- CoCirculation2 is a 5-year project aiming to invite experienced researchers to both academic and non-academic research performing organizations located in Turkey.
- The programme offers 100 experienced researchers of any nationality who wish to engage in incoming mobility and to implement a research project in Turkey will be able to apply for a fellowship.
- 4 calls for proposals will be published, fellowships for calls 1 – 3 will last 24 months, fellowships for call 4 will last 12 months.
Eligibility criteria for the applicants
- Applicant must be Experienced Researchers (must possess doctoral degree or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience).
- Applicant may be of any nationality or age
- Applicant must comply with the mobility rule that applies to them, either the standard mobility rule or the flexible mobility rule (ERs must be non-residing in Turkey for more than 12 months in the three years prior to the relevant deadline for submission of proposals).
- Flexible mobility rule: ERs must not have resided or carried out the main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Turkey for more than 36 months in the 5 years immediately before the call deadline. Short stays which does not exceed 20 days in total in a year and compulsory national service are not counted.
- For applicant wishing to benefit from the flexible mobility rule for reintegration, applicant must be a long-term resident (Long-term residence means a period of full-time research activity in the Turkey at least 5 consecutive years.) of Turkey. Applicants must in addition to this rule also move or have moved directly from a non-EU country to Turkey.
Applicant with refugee status:
- To benefit from the flexible mobility rule, researchers must have refugee status in accordance with the Turkish regulatory system at the time of the relevant deadline for submission of proposals, and principles laid down by the Geneva Convention.
Applicants with non- academic host organizations:
- Applicants proposing a non-academic as main host organisation in their proposal. To benefit from the flexible mobility rule, applicants must in addition to this rule also apply with a non-academic host organisation.
Careers restart applicants:
- To benefit from the flexible mobility rule, applicants must in addition to this rule also have had a career break in research, i.e. they must not have been active in research for at least 12 months prior to the relevant deadline for the submission of proposals.
Eligibility criteria for the host organisations
- The main host organization must be an academic or a non-academic research institute in Turkey with a high international research reputation.
- Secondment host organizations must be an academic or non-academic institute of high quality in Turkey or abroad.
- Mentors are expected to be team leaders (or equivalent) of the team in which the fellow will work, and should have an excellent scientific profile.
Application must include the following:
- A detailed research proposal
- CV for the applicant and mentor
- Certified PhD diploma or certified copy of the degree certificate of the most recently completed university degree (Degree certificates which are not originally issued in Turkish or English have to be translated)
- Within the flexible mobility context, career break document for career restart applicants, refugee document for refugee status applicants, 5 years research activity document for reintegration applicants,
- Proof of full-time research experience within the related field (for the applicants who does not have a doctorate degree),
- Proof of Residence (only for non-Turkish Citizens).
- Entry and Exit Report (only for Turkish Citizens).
- A Letter of Support from the host institution which must be approved by rector, vice rector or head of non-academic institution.
- Applications with secondment proposals must also submit Letter of Support for co-host institution.
|Organization||Turkish Scientific and Technological Research Council (TÜBİTAK)
Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
|Subject areas||Science and technology|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
2nd call: 31st October 2019
3rd call: 31st October 2020*
4th call: 31st October 2021*
*Dates may change slightly