The positions are available in Jens Carlsson’s group in the computational biology and bioinformatics program to study protein-ligand interactions, in particular G protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs). The GPCR superfamily is a large group of human membrane proteins that play key roles in physiological processes and are important drug targets.
- The Carlsson group uses structure-based modeling to understand how receptors evolved their functions and to design ligands, often in close collaboration with experimental groups. The Carlsson lab is a young and international research team that is also part of the Science for Life Laboratory (http://www.scilifelab.se/). Visit the group web page for more information (carlssonlab.org).
- The project is focused on modeling of GPCRs with the goals to understand receptor function at the molecular level and to identify ligands of drug targets. The work will involve molecular dynamics simulations to predict receptor structures and how receptors evolved to recognize their ligand. Structure-based virtual screening of large chemical libraries will also be performed to identify ligands of GPCRs.
- The applicant must hold a Ph.D. degree and should have expertise in at least two of these areas: protein structure prediction, molecular docking, molecular dynamics simulations, structure-based drug design. Good English language skills and the ability to work in a team are required.
- Additional qualifications: Experience in the modeling of GPCRs and programming/scripting is preferred, but not required.
The application should include
- A short letter with a description of your research interests and how you could contribute to the project.
- A CV with a complete publication list.
- Copy of Ph.D. certificate.
- Contact information for at least two references.
Uppsala University strives to be an inclusive workplace that promotes equal opportunities and attracts qualified candidates who can contribute to the University’s excellence and diversity. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people of all backgrounds.
- Salary: Individual salary
- Starting date: As soon as possible or as otherwise agreed
- Type of employment: Temporary position of 12 months
- Scope of employment: Fulltime, 100 %
- For further information about the position please contact: Jens Carlsson (email: email@example.com, Tel: 072 227 7976)
- Please submit your application by 3 March 2020, UFV-PA 2020/318.
Are you considering moving to Sweden to work at Uppsala University? If so, you will find a lot of information about working and living in Sweden at www.uu.se/joinus. You are also welcome to contact International Faculty and Staff Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please do not send offers of recruitment or advertising services.
- Submit your application through Uppsala University´s recruitment system.
- Placement: Department of Cell and Molecular Biology
- Type of employment: Full time, Temporary position longer than 6 months
Union representative: Seko Universitetsklubben email@example.com
Number of references: UFV-PA 2020/318
Last application date: 2020-03-03