Cotutelle Doctoral Programmes are offerd by DAAD to provide overseas PhD candidates and young academics and scientists with an opportunity to accomplish research or continue their education in Germany. The aim of this programme is to encourage bi-national PhD degrees at the home university and at a university in Germany according to the so-called “cotutelle” procedure.
- Applicant must be outstanding qualified PhD candidates and graduates who have admission to a PhD programme at the time they begin their grant-supported research.
- Applicants must have taken their final examinations no longer than 6 years before the application closing date.
- Applicants who has been inhabitant in Germany for longer than 15 months at the application closing date will not be considered.
Duration of the funding:
- Maximum 18 months
- the grant may also be used within a period of three consecutive years
- 1,000 euros/month
- health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance
- research allowance (one-time payment)
- Application form to be submitted online.
- Full CV in tabular form (not more than 3 pages)
- Publication list (not more than 10 pages)
- Research proposal (extensive and detailed description)- max. 10 pages
- Schedule of planned research work and visits from academic adviser
- Individual supervision agreement (between home university and the cooperating German University)- Cotutelle contract.
- University degree certificate
- Evidence of admission to a PhD programme at the home university
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Fellowship amount||1,000 euros/month along with other allowances|
|Eligibility||Open to all International applicants|
|Deadline||15 October (yearly)|