The ERATOSTHENES Centre of Excellence (ECoE) of the Cyprus University of Technology invites applications for a position of Researcher at the Environment & Climate Department of the ERATOSTHENES CoE. The position is open either on a fulltime (100%) or part-time employment basis. The position is open to everyone internationally in the framework of the EU-H2020 “EXCELSIOR” project (Excellence Research Centre for Earth Surveillance and Space-Based Monitoring of the Environment. Through this project, the Cyprus University of Technology is establishing the ERATOSTHENES Centre of Excellence in Space Technology, Earth Observation and Geospatial Technology in the EMMENA (Eastern Mediterranean Middle East North Africa) region, in cooperation with the Department of Electronic Communications (DEC) from the Deputy Ministry of Research, Innovation and Digital Policy (Cyprus) and with EU advanced Partners the German Aerospace Centre (DLR, Germany), TROPOS (Germany) and the National Observatory of Athens (NOA-Greece).
- PhD in a relevant subject for example: Geosciences; Land/Atmosphere interactions; Land Management; Urban and Regional Planning; Remote Sensing; Forestry; Geoinformatics; Surveying Engineering; Civil Engineering; Spatial Planning; Computer Science; Physics; Mathematics; Hydrology; Oceanography; Chemical Engineering; Surveying Engineering; Computer Science; Agronomy; Soil Science; Environmental Science and/or Engineering; Remote Sensing; Geoinformatics; Surveying Engineering; Spatial Planning; Computer Science; Biology; Archaeological Sciences; Digital Humanities; Monument Preservation and Restoration; Cultural Informatics; Geophysics; Geography; Remote Sensing; Geoinformatics; Surveying Engineering; Spatial Planning; Civil Engineering; Geology/Geomorphology; Geotechnical Engineering; Geophysics; Forestry; Meteorology; Planning; Hydraulic Engineering; Hydrology; Epidemiology; Public Health; Statistics; Geography; Renewable Energy; Atmospheric Physics; Solar Radiation Modelling.
- The candidates must fulfill the requirements of a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow.
- Working experience of more than two years in the field is required;
- Experience in working for European Commission / European Space Agency projects will be considered an asset;
Apply online and attach the following documents:
- A letter in which the candidate should state the Department, the rank, the specialization in which he/she is interested in, as well as the date on which he/she can undertake responsibilities in case he/she is appointed, in English;
- Curriculum vitae in English;
- A short review of the research interests as well as a brief description of the future research plans, in English – up to 1500 words;
- List of publications in English;
- Reprints of their three most representative publications;
- Copies of the candidate’s degree certificates;
- Contact details;
- Names and contact details of at least three senior academic/research referees.
- Candidates should request confidential letters of reference in English from the above senior academic/research referees, which must be sent by the referees themselves directly to the ERATOSTHENES CoE via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Researcher in Land Monitoring and Management
- Researcher in Water Resources Management
- Researcher in Agriculture Monitoring
- Researcher in Cultural Heritage Documentation and Monitoring
- Researcher in Disaster Risk Reduction – Earthquakes/Landslides
- Researcher in Disaster Risk Reduction – Fires
- Researcher in Disaster Risk Reduction – Floods
- Researcher in Disaster Risk Reduction – Geohealth/Epidemics
- Researcher in Energy
- Researcher in Marine Safety & Security
|Organization||Cyprus University of Technology|
Natural Science, Environmental Science, Engineering, Soil Science, Geology
|Fellowship amount||As per norms|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||14 May 2021|