Award of DBT-Research Associateship in the field of Biotechnology and Life Sciences
Applications are invited from eligible Indian Nationals for the award of “DBT-Research Associateship” fellowships for pursuing research in areas of Biotechnology and applied biology. The Associateship can be taken in Research Institution or Universities including non-profit R&D Institutions within India.
Funding Agency: The Associateship are awarded under a program sponsored by the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India.
- The applicants should hold Ph.D degree in Science, Engineering or a M.D or M.S. (Medicine) degree in any area of medicine with research interests in Biotechnology and Life Sciences
- A good academic record.
Duration: The Associateship can be availed within two years of the award of Ph.D./M.D./M.S. (Medicine) degree; however, may be relaxable (by 2 years) in case of in-service candidates.
Those who have already submitted the Ph.D./M.D./M.S. (Medicine) thesis are also
eligible to apply (attach proof of submission from the Registrar / Controller of examinations).
Age Limit: The applicants should be below the age of 40 years and 45 years in case of women and in-service candidates.
Note: Persons already employed are also eligible to apply.
Candidates who are already in regular employment can avail the Associateship during the period of his/her sabbatical / study leave, in a different Institute/University.
DETAILS OF THE AWARD
- The Research Associateship is a purely temporary assignment
- It is tenable for a period of two years.
- In exceptional cases, depending upon the progress of the research, the Associateship may be extended upto five years. In both cases, renewal is subject to satisfactory annual academic progress.
- Each fellow would be entitled to a stipend in the range of Rs.36,000-40,000/- per month and a research contingency grant of Rs.50,000 per year
MODE OF SELECTION
The selection of candidates will be selected based on their C.V. and performance in the interview. The interview will be held at the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (IISC), in November 2017..
Candidates may submit their application as per the format (see the details below)
|Organization||Indian Institute Of Science Bangalore
|Fellowship Level||Research Associateship|
|Subject areas||Natural Sciences|
- Total Jobs 6 Jobs
- Address India