New York University offers the Dean’s Student Travel Grant Program to graduate students in the humanities, social sciences and sciences for travel to professional meetings and conferences to present invited papers or posters.
Number of Grants: 225 awards each year
Grants value: $500 each; grant may be used for travel, lodging, and related expenses.
- Applicants must be matriculated students in good academic standing in a GSAS graduate program.
- Applicants holding Doctoral degree must be within seven years of their first term of enrollment in their graduate program
- Applicants with Master’s must be within two years of their first term of enrollment in their graduate program.
- Applicants must be presenting a paper/poster at a scholarly or professional conference (attendance only cannot be funded; presentations at graduate student conferences or invitational seminars at other institutions also cannot be funded).
- Applicants may apply while expecting confirmation of acceptance from conference organizers.
- Applicants with PhD may not receive more than one grant per travel grant year and no more than two during their academic career at GSAS.
- Applicants in Master’s may not receive more than one grant during their time at GSAS pursuing that degree; should they continue in a GSAS Ph.D. program, the earlier grant will count as one of the awards allotted for their career.
- Applications to submitted online
- Travel grants are awarded three times in a year for student travel during periods running from August to November, December to March, and April to July. A total of 225 grants are awarded, 75 in each travel period.
- Period I: Dec 1 to Mar 3; Application Period: Oct 1 to 12
- Period II: Apr 1 to Jul 31; Application Period: Feb 4 to 15
- Period III: Aug 1 to Nov 30; Application Period: Jun 3 to 14
|Organization||New York University|
|Fellowship Level||Travel Grants|
|Subject areas||Humanities, Social Sciences, Sciences|
|Fellowship amount||$500 each|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||September 28; February 2; June 1|